Since its inception in 1987 the annual Review Music Awards has evolved into a time-honored tradition of bringing musicians of all shapes, sizes, colors, and genres together to both celebrate and honor the impact they make upon the expression and creation of music within our Great Lakes Bay region.
Once again it is time for you to do your part in helping us carry forth this tradition of celebrating the broad and incredible musical talent that we are fortunate to have populating our region with an artistry that makes the sound and ambiance of our area unique and distinct.
The 2019 Review Music Awards Ceremony represents your voice in helping us honor the many talented musicians & artists that enrich our cultural climate and represent some of the very best performers we have throughout the state of Michigan.
THE NOMINATING PROCESS:
1. During this first stage for determining nominations, please go to our website at www.review-mag.com and log in or register with our site to be able to submit nominations and vote for the listed nominees. One click log-in from Facebook, Twitter and Gadget is also available. Please Note: If you are already a registered user, you don’t need to re-register to vote. However, if you forgot your password, simply reset your password with the “forgot password” link.
2. After you are logged in, click the ‘Awards’ option in the site navigation. Once in this section, you will see a list of the various categories of Rock, Country, Blues, Jazz, Hip Hop, and Miscellaneous. Clicking on each option will list the specific awards to be honored in each division.
3. If you see the name of the musician or band you want to vote for already posted, you can click their option to add your vote to their tally. If you do not see the artist you want to vote for, simply add them to the poll and nominees will automatically be added as soon as you submit them.
4. The nominating process begins on Monday, January 14th and the final round will begin on Monday, February 11th. The top five nominees for each award will be presented in the final voting round that will run until Monday, February 25th and determine the winner in each category.
5. A panel consisting of the Review Music Awards Executive Board, local DJ’s, Music Journalists, and Club Owners will review the final selections to assure each nominee aligns with the appropriate category."
Five bands will compete for the chance to be the local neXt2rock champion at the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort on Thursday, August 23rd! The five bands performing at this free show are No Resolve, Last Night Saved My Life, Here After Six, Everyday Ghost, and A Silver Lining. Doors open up at 6 p.m.
Here's the lineup for August 23rd!
1.) No Resolve 2.) Everyday Ghost 3.) Here After Six 4.) Last Night Saved My Life 5.) A Silver Lining
Doors open at 6 p.m. and the first band will take the stage just after 7 p.m!
SOS Music Fest 3 2018 welcomes our newest sponsor Riverside Family Restaurant out of Freeland MI. Full lineup almost finalized and will be announced within the next week. Spread the word on this FREE show! We would also like to thank the Freeland Lions Club, Dr.Mims Food Factory, Empire Italian Chophouse, Level 47 Productions, Whites Bar and CNJ Music LLC
A benefit concert for Amber Legue. Amber has been diagnosed with an inoperable primary glioma (tumor) on her brain stem. There is no cure but she is undergoing teatmeant to prevent growth. Her fiancé, John, has taken a leave from work to care for her and their son. All proceeds go directly to help Amber and her Family.
Music by Everyday Ghost, Greta Van Fleet, Black Flower Blossom, McArthur, Melissa May, Brody & the Busch Rd. Trio, & more... there will be a Beer tent, BBQ (Saturday only), local bands, Raffles, Poker Run Noon to 6 Saturday....come support a good cause and have great time with all of us!!! Friday night 6pm to midnight donation is $5, Saturday from Noon-Midnight donation is $10!!
Registration for the Poker run will be from 10am - Noon Saturday. Poker run starts at noon.
DONATIONS CAN ALSO BE MADE ON GOFUNDME.COM "HELP US HEAL AMBERS BRAIN"
We took home two trophies from last nights 29th Annual Review Music Awards! Both trophies are for our current music video of "The Cure". Thank you to Tyler Norfleet of Rebel Productions for the excellent job on the music video! We would also like to thank Christopher Lewis of Fire Hyena Recording Studio where the song and latest album were recorded. We are and have been extremely pleased with how everything has turned out over the last few months. From the release of our current album, the music video, as well as upcoming shows, the musicians and good people we have met along the way. We are also pretty excited about the new t-shirts that we will have for our upcoming show at The Dow Event Center with Saving Abel, Redburn, and Black Flower Blossom. We also have a fresh batch of CD's and stickers that will be available as well. And the most importantly...THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR FANS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!! Without your help and support we would not be where we are today!